>  > be added at the right side of every changeset line. One click might
>  > report "succeed" or "conflict/failed, do it manually".
>
> Until this is possible I want to try to (or at least collect all
>  necessary information to) write an external tool for this.

Adding "revert" to main site could attract vandals (ok, let's just
revert stuff) or experimentators (what does this button do?). I think
better would be to have it as external tool that can either revert or
prepare file for reverting (so that it would be loaded, checked and
uploaded in JOSM) - reverting should be easy, but not that easy, that
it would suffice to click one button to revert.

> Maybe such a tool could block such revert-reverts (A revert's Bs
>  changeset, B reverts As revert) and only allow them to others, to avoid
>  revert-wars. Maybe this should only happen after two rounds?

How do you (automatically) distinguish revert from ordinary edit (or
"almost-revert" from ordinary edit)? I think you can't at least not
reliably (you can't rely on the commit message, etc ...)

So for avoiding revert war we need to use same mechanisms as for
avioding any other unwanted edits - block users/IP's from editing, etc

Martin