Am I missing something, But it would help if the Reply-to header on
all messages that go through the list(s) gets set to the list email,
so that when we hit reply the message goes to the list by default.

This is the way most of the other lists I'm on work, and its a bit
annoying having to use "Reply to all" then remove everyone except the
list.

Also most people don't want the reply sent too them twice as if they
are posting they are on the list, and hence should receive the answer
twice.

This might also help reduce the number of questions with out answers,
when people have forgotten to put the answer on-list for everyone
benefit.

If someone want to reply off list then they can change but the default
should be on-list.

Peter.