MP wrote:
>>  > Also most people don't want the reply sent too them twice as if they
>>  > are posting they are on the list, and hence should receive the answer
>>  > twice.
>>
>> How do you know? Did you ask them? I _want_ to get direct copies. In case
>>  people don't want to read mails twice they can tell the list "don't send
>>  me a second copy" or tell their mail reader "deduplicate my mail please".
>>

> Well, Thunderbird, which I use as mail client can't deduplicate the
> mail. Especially if the mail that went through list have few extra
> headers and a footer added, so these mails are no longer the same. So
> I end up with two almost identical mails in my inbox.
You can just ask the list to not send you a copy of mail with you in the
To: or cc: fields...

* At the base of the page enter your email address and click 'Unsubcribe
or edit options'
* Enter your mailing list password and click 'Login'
* Set the 'Avoid duplicate copies of messages?' to yes
* No more duplicate messages...

Simple!

--
Chris Jones, SUCS Admin