On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/10 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> By the way, I think a cemetery is better described as an amenity, not
>> a landuse, as I think it is "a useful and important facility" moreso
>> than "an area of land used by people" (from the wiki definitions of
>> Key:amenity and Key:landuse).
>
> What landuse would you recommend for a cemetery?  It's been said that
> all land should be covered by some landuse or other.  Like putting in
> Landuse=retail but also listing the individual shops as amenities.
>
> So should we put both landuse=cemetery and an
> amenity=cemetery/graveyard node, or are you suggesting we deprecate
> landuse=cemetery and use some other landuse (residential? - retail =
> they're often a business?)

Ah, good question. Firstly, amenity=cemetery should be able to be a
node (as a placeholder for future conversion to an area) OR an area.

As for landuse=*, look at the Key:landuse wiki page. For
amenity=school, for example, a similar question arises, and the
solution seems to be to use the value of amenity=* to infer the
landuse. This would work perfectly for an amenity=cemetery.