On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Chris Hill wrote:
> The actual voting system is worthless.  A handful of people (I used to
> be one) say yes or no, while many (most) of the experienced OSMers
> either ignore the process or just don't see the proposal or don't care.

One of the problems here is that the rss feed for the wiki was closed because
of the server load.
While on enquiry I received a polite mail explaining that there were some
other feeds which would allow me to get wiki updates, I'm a rss_person and not
going to use other systems - enough stuff arrives via email and a few rss
feeds to keep me busy for some time every evening.

So its not that I'm disinterested in the wiki, I haven't got time to follow
every part through an undifferentiated feed and so just ignore wiki votes.