Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> Currently on wiki I only found place=suburb tag and I see that it is used
>> also for mapping city's quarters.
>>
>> Only issue is that when you map quarter of some town or village currently
>> the quarter has bigger font than name of village or town.
>
> You should use the suburb tag -- that's what it means. The text size
> problem is an issue with that particular render, and you shouldn't tag
> for the renderer, which using a different tag just to get different text
> size would be.
>
> If you'd like to see the text size issue fixed, you can file a bug at
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/

Wiki says differently (that it should be used only for place=city!!!)
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:place%3Dsuburb)

"...Areas of a city (place=city) are usually well-known or easily
observable when passing through. It is often not clear though the
precise administrative status or the exact size. Therefore, using
place=town or place=village may either be inappropriate or plain inaccurate.

Map making software should render any corresponding name tag value in a
font with less emphasis than that used with place=city or, the case of
large-scale regional maps, suppress rendering entirely..."

Maybe, it's time for tag microsuburb? which can be used with place=town
and place=village?

Kost