On 21 Sep 2009, at 14:34, Valent Turkovic wrote:

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Guenther Meyer <d....@sordidmusic.com > wrote:
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 07:16:45AM +0000, Valent Turkovic wrote:
Hi, I haven't seen billiard and snooker tags. Have you tagged any
billiard club, and if you have how have you done it?

I would use sport = billard as general description and add a second
tag for the specific type:

like
 sport = billard
 billard = pool

or
 sport = billard
 billard = snooker

There are currently no such tags in OSM Wiki, should we suggest these
tags ot is it ok to just start using them? How will then other people
know how to tag their billiard clubs?

Just start using them. You don't need to have a vote on a tag to be able to use it.

Shaun