2009/9/25 Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com>:

> Is this a breach of copyright?

I've already been in a similar discussion about using google maps to
plan routes, some suggest this is breach of copyright, but then anyone
using a map for any reason would be in breach of copyright so I doubt
this is true, copying from a map directly is different than just using
a map to work out where you plan to go.

> I'm aware he put a couple of caveats in the message such as "I suspect" & "I
> would imagine".

I have no idea and I'm not a lawyer but I suspect OS has a right to
publish and copying from their maps would be in breach of copyright,
getting a copy from the local council on the other hand with
permission to copy would be a different matter.

What matters most is what you copied from, GPS trace or someone else's
map, I would genuinely be surprised if you could be in breach of
copyright for just looking at a map or using information for journey
planning based on a map.