El Martes, 29 de Septiembre de 2009, Eugene Alvin Villar escribió:
> The big problem I see is that our node, way, and relation IDs are too
> brittle for this sort of thing.

I see that as premature optimisation. And the rule of thumb for premature
optimisation is "don't".

If there is a problem with mangled IDs, we can revert, or we can see what
pattern do the mangled IDs have. Moreover, IDs of deleted nodes and ways
aren't reused ever, so the only way to switch IDs is to do it on purpose.
Long ways getting converted into relations? That can be automatically
converted.

Cm'on, we're on day 1 of this "let's link to openstreetmap elements by ID"
thingie. It's just waaaaaaaaay too soon to foresee what problems may arise,
and even more to put preemptive measures up.

Cheers,