-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:57:18 +0200
> Von: Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> An: lulu-...@gmx.de
> CC: accessibil...@openstreetmap.org, talk@openstreetmap.org,
> tagg...@openstreetmap.org
> Betreff: Re: [OSM-talk] Visual map for the blind

> reads

> >> It doesn't seem like a tourism thing to me, wouldn't they be designed
> >> for people that live in the area?
> >
> > Well, ordinary maps and tactile maps are used by people living in that
> area, too, but the "information" tag is placed in "tourism".
> > That does not matter, because we can display elements from any
> namespaces on any map.
>
> while this is true, it might still facilitate life for editor-creators
> and data-consumers as for mappers to have all these kind of tag
> subsummarized in one big tag like k=disabled v=* or k=accessibility,
> v=* so you can easily find them in one rubrique instead of searching
> all over the wiki in different tags and pages.

I would love to agree, but the needs of disabled persons are widely spread over
our tagging scheme anyway, and awareness of objects that refer to accessibility
is nearly zero.
There are categories for visual, hearing and walking impariment, colletcted in
the category "accessibiliy".

The ":blind" in my proposal as a postfix was an idea to approach what you
recommend.

Regards
Lulu-Ann