2009/12/15 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> CC-BY-SA isn't "enforcible" on anything.  It grants rights, it doesn't take
> them away.

It's a license, if you break licenses on software you can be taken to
court to make sure you do follow them in future and are punished for
past digressions. So while it grants rights, the license may not be
enforcible in a court of law if you feel wronged.

> Well, this particular thread was asking "Why can't we run both [CC-BY-SA and
> the ODbL] indefinitely?"  I gave one answer.  Because the terms of CC-BY-SA
> disallow it.

And because some think cc-by-sa wouldn't be enforcible in some
jurisdictions if they were misusing OSMs data against the "spirit" of
the current license.