On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM, OJ W <ojwli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> filtering-out historical data (date_end doesn't exist or is in the
> past) is 1 or 2 rules.  Any application needs tens or hundreds of
> rules to even begin to understand OSM (try defining 'can you cycle on
> this' or 'is this wet' or 'is this visible' in terms of OSM tags)
>
> p.s. I still agree with Andy in 'ease-of-use matters' and with Frankie
> on 'tags should have time-limits'.  It's not trivial like many tag
> disussions. (but don't underestimate the software)

When my neighborhood changes I remove the old map and draw a new, the
old map becomes cruft I don't want to edit it again. But it would be
nice to have a way to say that there exists an older version of the
map.

Burning Man is ok since it's shifted every year, but
cities/festivals/markets 4D cakes are really hard to handle.

--
/emj