On Feb 23, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Ian Dees wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:17 PM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:
> I know matt takes it personally that the logo is anything other than perfect,
> and richard takes it personally that potlatch is crap for newbies... but
> that's just fact of the matter as I constantly hear from designers, newbies
> and so many others. I don't care about personal feelings on those particular
> topics nearly as much as it physically pains me to think about all the people
> we turn away every single day because of it.
>

> Steve, I *really* don't want to start a flame war on the list (and I greatly
> appreciate your hard work on OSM), but I want to make sure and shine the
> mirror back at you a little bit. Lately your posts to this mailing list and
> others have been very confrontational on a personal level with some people. I
> imagine the discourse about new ideas for OSM would be much more civil if we
> didn't have to worry about personal attacks from you. I'm not saying your
> objections are *wrong*, but keep in mind that there are human beings
> subscribed to this list. When they read your troll-ey responses to criticism,
> I imagine it douses interest in continuing the on-topic conversation very
> quickly.

oh sure - if you have any specific ones that annoy you I can try and explain
why I was short. I think mainly it was just very annoying how TomH pissed all
over it straight away which is actually pretty unlike him.

> Also, I did not know OSM had a UserVoice page -- perhaps you could continue
> sharing with this list the ideas you've heard for making OSM better, but this
> time don't slit people's throats when they make a constructive response to
> your idea.

er... can you point to any example where I "slit people's throats when they
make a constructive response" ?

Yours &c.

Steve