On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:41:22 +0200, Frank Sautter wrote:

> maybe this service could also be implemented on the openstreetmap.org
> website, as the ito osmmapper is frequently offline (as it is at the
> moment)

I agree we shouldn't depend on 3rd party service for such important
feature like watching for malicious activity.

If other bots implement "bot=yes" tag then it would be trivial to filter
them, right?

But still ideal situation is that bots also use much smaller areas for
edits so that you see if some bot has changed something in your area of
interest, right?

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
blog: http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com