2010/4/12 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>

> The one thing that is *not* ok is changing existing landuse=military tags
> *in the main database* to something else. This is the one important thing I
> took from Komяpa's message - people attempting to remove information from
> OSM hoping to please their government. If he was wrong about this, then all
> the better. If he was right, then no matter what you tell me about Komяpa's
> "emotional comprehension of the situation", your proposed actions are
> detrimental to OSM and I have to thank him for bringing them to a wider
> attention.

There were no attempts to delete someone else's landuse=military. The
changesets mentioned concerned only the objects created by the same author
(except only one which occured in the changeset removing =military
accidentally and that mistake was recognised) - he has changed his mind on
the topic and decided to undo his changes.

Nobody tries to please their government here, this has nothing to do with
what is happening. The only thing we try to achieve is - obeying the law in
the part of keeping the state secret (compination of military + it's
coordinates/dislocation).
Moreover you can never know the truth about the object behind the wall, I
repeat. The only truth on ground is that this is a wall and access is
prohibited.

Frederik, is it possible in Germany to give away state secret (if you know
that some combination of information is not to be published for the reason
that it is a secret by the law, only in combination) without being judged?
You may say that to know a secret you must be allowed by the secret service
to do this, but in some cases just a combination of pieces of open
information is a secret by the law - and that is our case.

--
Best regards,
Eugene Iline