Tanveer Singh <tanveer1979 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for. Now one question, on the
generated gmapsupp.img, is it possible that the track I create is of different
color or something altogether. For example, lets say there are other roads in
the area, and I follow the offroad track, I should not get confused with the
other roads.

To do it properly I guess you should use your own tag like highway=my_track in
JOSM map side and make a rule for colouring it with your favourite colour on the
Garmin map. Or then you can just tag for the renderer. Tag your off-roud tracks
as highway=motorway and I suppose you will easily distinguish them.