On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:36 PM, <char...@cferrero.net> wrote:

> Tanveer Singh (tanveer1...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Tanveer Singh <tanveer1...@gmail.com
> >wrote:

> the
> roads
> with

> colour
> off-roud

> >> In JOSM is there a way to assign a color and thickness to such a track.
> It
> >> should be visible at all zoom levels more detailed than 9
> >> regards
> >> Tanveer
>
> The way the line appears in the final gmapsupp.img is controlled by
> mkgmap's style rules.  Different OSM tags are assigned different
> Garmin line types by the style rules.  So you can control how your
> tracks appear by selecting the specific Garmin line type that is
> assigned to them.  If you want to go beyond this and use a custom
> style* for your lines you will need to delve into the dark art of TYP
> files.
>
> * i.e. one that isn't a Garmin default for your particular GPSr
> --
> Charlie
>
> There is no easy way...? I was hoping there is one. We are also planning to
have a 50 vehicle event, and we will give garmin GPS units with gmapsupp.img
created with the track as part of map.
I know we can load track, but garmin allows loading of 500 point track only.
If there was a way of loading 100,000 point track, things would be simple,
but since there isn't it would be great to have a red colored line on the
map which the driver has to follow.