Hi,

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Sami Dalouche <sko...@free.fr> wrote:

<snip>

So, if you already have all the rendering machinery in place, I would be
> happy to create the scripts to regularly go fetch the maps you render
> and publish them onto some kind of user-centric website.
> That would be awesome !
>
> sami

Yup it would :)  ... yes they are routable, and your talking about 2
different countries and 3 different states, and cycling / hiking / routing /
contour (topographical) which cover a big area.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.41&lon=-74.69&zoom=7&layers=B000FTFT
(zoom in to where you like and click the Permalink button at the bottom
right corner)

Contour + Hiking map/cycling   - non-routable on MapSource is possable
hiking + routable (no contours on MapSource) is possable.

routable + contours on MapSource is not possable   (because of licence &
proprietary software)

However, transparent contour IMG files (that i'm making)  can be used as a
background map (And a contour -only MapSource Installer and/or as available
IMG tiles., for any map that you want. (is also in progress)

Yup, Slowly but surely, this is the goal todo.  In order to get to that
point, there is a WHOLE LOT of technical process that needs to be done.

To talk@ osm:   In other words, I just need to get a .nsis script file
created using ground truth, (just like makemap has).  I can do that myself
with an .iss file, but it will stall & is not automatic,  other than that
were set on the back-end side.   For the front-end.  I have it set to edting
a txt file.  and following dos command prompts.  But thats as technical as i
know how.  (& Because it is using outside programs, the details i'll post on
a blog or something)

Cheers,
Sam