2010/5/31 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> 2010/5/31 Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com>
>>
>> I don't think anyone has suggested that we leave out things I'd they
>> aren't signposted.
>
> Nathan, who started this thread, has done exactly that, and he's gone around
> removing route relations where the routes were not signed on the ground.

So we might ask him to revert and put them back. I'm always astonished
when people pop up and actually think they do a good job when deleting
the work of others by "cleaning up" the db. I don't know what kind of
route we are talking about, but IMHO one route more or less is not
harming, and probably there was a good reason to put these routes in.

I think we should generally think about removing/clarifying the "on
the ground" rule. It is frequently used to justify strange behaviour
(I remember someone who put all names in capitalized form (ABC STREET)
because they were written like that on the sign, and reverted all
edits that tried to normalize these tags).

cheers,
Martin