On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Elena of Valhalla
<elena.valha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/10, Nic Roets <nro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you don't trust your own opinion, ask a few locals if they would
>> advise a tourist to walk there. If they say no, then tag them with
>> foot=no and add a note describing why you did it.
>
> I don't think this would be correct: foot=no usually means "you are
> not legally allowed to walk here", not "this road may be dangerous for
> you to walk on"
>
> using a different tag may be appropriate, however

Which one, or do I have to invent a new one ? The problem is that
tagging standards change faster than the map can be reviewed. For
example, I did most of my mapping during 2008. At stage the access=no
tag indicated that "Access by this transport mode not permitted or
unsuitable". "dangerous" is one form of being unsuitable.

I'd much rather use the tag that is the best approximation of reality
and add a note if it is really necessary.