I always use the ITO OpenStreetMap environment for specific bbox and time/date edit queries:

http://www.itoworld.com/static/openstreetmap.html

On 06/03/2010 09:23 PM, Julio Costa Zambelli wrote:
Dear Kai,

Is there a way for you to check how many people have been editing in this bbox ([Lat/Lon][-17.5/-77][-56/-68]) in, lets say, the last week?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Julio Costa
OpenStreetMap Chile
http://www.openstreetmap.cl/

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrue...@gmail.com <mailto:kakrue...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    John Smith-7 wrote:

    > I'd still like to know the actual stats of users v accounts, to me a
    > user isn't a user unless they've made 5 or more edits.

    Assuming my statistics are correct, there are 119071 users who
    have at least
    one changeset (excluding those users that are anonymous, as they
    don't turn
    up in the changesets). So about half of the number of accounts
    have done at
    least one edit. I haven't done the statistics for 5 or more edits.

    Some other statistics about users that might be interesting
    though. In the
    past week there were 1559 users who's first edit was less than 5
    days ago.
    An additional 610 users whos first edit was less than 45 days ago.
    2942
    Users less than 500 days and another 1070 edited this week who
    have been
    with OSM for more than 500 days.

    So that appears like a fairly healthy distribution between new and old
    mappers. I haven't broken those numbers down by region, which
    might be quite
    interesting too.

    Kai