On 18 June 2010 21:14, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So the first question has to be: How do we enable / motivate people to
>> fix bugs in the map - not how to easily report them!
>
> I think it's exposure of the bugs to the people who can fix them at
> the time they can do something about them. I think that comes in three
> main places:
>
> 1) When you are figuring out somewhere to go and map
> 2) When you are out and about and able to check things
> 3) When you have rolled your sleeves up and are editing
>
> For 3, I'm already working on doing that in Potlatch2 - having markers
> showing bugs while you're editing. As for 2, it would be great if
> OpenMaps iPhone or Mapzen POI collector had some way to view nearby
> bugs whilst I'm out and about and have 5 minutes to spare to go
> confirm or investigate something. And 1 will be improved when we
> integrate openstreetbugs (or whatever) and everything else (keepright,
> OWL, osm inpector etc) so that mappers don't have 20 websites to
> check.

3) JOSM already integrates with OSB, and 2) you can probably browse
the OSB site on smart phones, and 1) view the OSB site when planning
to head out, now if only it was directly integrated on the main OSM
website (or something similar) so it was more easily seen by people
unable or unwilling to file bugs and a RSS feed that you can supply a
bbox for and that would cover a lot....