On 18 June 2010 11:58, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:
> But the sad thing is it applies for much lower numbers too - if you wanted to
> scale to 1 million / day editors let's say.

I'm wondering if bulk uploaders are already hitting these kinds of
numbers, lets assume the bulk unloaders all went away and only live
humans making live edits, how much capacity would there be?

Alternatively depending on actual editing growth rates, they may be
similar to growth capacity rates of hardware, so while things may not
necessarily scale at present, but will in the future. That said there
seems to be a need for at least a hot spare database, I wonder how
much the down time cost OSM the other day in terms of editors being
turned off and not getting their quick fix that everyone has become
accustomed to.