On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Pieren wrote:
> > You missunderstood : the definition of the border IS the middle of the
> > road
>
> or river. If we find a legal source for the admin boundary, it is most of
> the time less accurate then a GPS trace following the feature irl.
there is no misunderstanding
the legally defined admin boundary is at a particular place
but the question is
does it move when the feature (road, railway, river) moves
or is staying at the original place until the law moves it?

Exact example:
The southern bank of the Murray River is the border between 2 states.
Where the river has been flooded by building a dam the southern bank has
moved. (Yarrawonga-Mulwala region)
Legal answer for this boundary - the boundary did not move.