hey,

bandwidth was not the problem. it was on a wired connection with plenty of
bandwidth. the plan was to try things out before friday but we didn't have
the time to do that...

we we're gonna use the firewire connection on the professional panasonic
camera in the venue but didn't get that to work and we tried zillions of
things. we spend most of the friday trying to work it out.

so we had to come up with an alternative which was getting some usb video
capture devices and plug them in via composite video signal.

unfortunately the netbooks we used weren't fast enough to compress video
realtime on a reasonable quality. we couldn't find other windows laptops
(with audio in) which we could use all weekend.

there are two ways to stream to ustream.tv, one is the dedicated app,
which turned out te be a cpu-hogging app and the other through flash.
unfortunately the flash app did some weird chopping of the video. but in
the end (from saturday 12.00 or so) the audio was allright which is the
most important thing if you ask me. i also didn't get much complaints
after getting this to work so i thought it was ok.

greetings,
floris looijesteijn