On 19 July 2010 09:04, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> I don't recall seeing the nice folks from NearMap posting on this
> thread.  I do recall an assertion from another poster that NearMap is
> firm on the map data being Share-Alike, as is will be under ODbL.  But
> no quotations attributed to NearMap, nor posts from them here.  I
> think it does a disservice to NearMap to presume that anybody other
> than their staff speak for them.

I'll emailed them privately and asked them just like anyone else can,
I didn't ask to republish their email but even if you don't believe me
their current terms spell out their current position, that is a share
alike license like CC-by-SA:

http://www.nearmap.com/products/free-commercial-licence

"If you derive information from observing our PhotoMaps, and include
that information in a work, you will own that work, and may distribute
it to others under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
(CC-BY-SA) licence."