Ben if I read this right then you're hiding the users from OSM and we'll see a
stream of edits from NearMap which are actually from multiple users. This is
why CM/matt/others built the OAuth code so that mapzen etc didn't do that,
because it's horrific.

The reason is pretty simple - the first line of copyright defense if we get an
email from TeleAtlas Legal saying 'user NearMap copied our data' is that we
will remove _all_ NearMap data. We don't have many other options as we don't
have any money to fight and we are the infringer as the publisher. If you don't
believe me, go ask a lawyer.

There are lots of other reasons. I suggest you rethink.

Steve

stevecoast.com