On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/08/2010 04:39 PM, Anthony wrote:
>>
>> If the license change is important, why don't the people who want the
>> license change make their own coastline, on the dev server.  This can
>> be done quickly, right?  *Then* you can delete the import, and replace
>> it with the one on the dev server.
>
> I have no problem with that; the PGS coastline is probably even there in the
> data history and needs only to be retrieved.
>
> In fact, this is exactly what I said I would do

So do it.

> For
> some reason John Smith does not seem to share our view that this is a
> reasonable thing to do!

I don't think it's a reasonable thing to do either.  I think you're
wasting your time.  But it's your time.

> I think this could be a way forward for all those who fear data loss; we
> switch to ODbL but continue to publish the planet under CC-BY-SA, containig
> all the non-relicensed data, until such time that enough CC-BY-SA data has
> been replaced by ODbL data. I'm sure that, given the proper tools, we'd be
> there in a matter of months.

And I'm sure if you do it that way you'll be infringing on the
copyright of the CC-BY-SA data.

No, what I said is that you need to start from a blank map.  If you
want to create a map which isn't CC-BY-SA, you aren't allowed to use
the CC-BY-SA map to do it.