Aun Johnsen wrote:
PS These tags are documented in german only, what about those OSMers that doesn't understand german, are we forced to use google translate to ready tag descriptions? If it was documented in english at least more of us could understand it and maybe even contribute with translations into some of our own languages.

Agreed. But we need to find a volunteer to do this. The entire OpenSeaMap web site, with the exception of the main page needs translations.

Any native English-speakers with a good knowledge of (marine) German out there with time on their hands?