I don't know if there already is such a scheme, but it makes sense to me.  In
addition to tagging the trail as a whole, it would also make sense to tag any
particularly difficult sections, such as using the incline= tag on steep
sections, and width= on particularly narrow sections.  This would allow a
wheelchair user to realize "I can reach point X on the trail, but will then
have to turn back".