Am 18.10.2010 07:37, schrieb Toby Murray:
Using the whole planet for my project is probably not practical at
this point regardless so I will focus on Kansas only to begin with
(takes maybe 2 hours to import) and then maybe expand to more of the
US if time permits. But I still haven't killed osmosis and if it is
almost done I think I'll just let it go for the fun of it.

The first thing to ask is, if a serial iteration through the planet will be acceptable. Most statistics can be done this way and it is always faster on slow disks.

Peter