On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Jo <winfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jaak, do you know that you can change the offset in most editors? Potlatch2
> and JOSM. I suppose in Merkaartor too, but I don't know for sure.

But how do you know which direction to offset and by how much? Is the
Bing imagery really offset so uniformly, over large areas?

Btw:
>They are shifted about 20-25 meters, which makes them quite unusable
for tracing.anything more than big roads.

I don't agree. If Bing is your only source for a city, then you could
have either:
1) An entire city mapped in great detail, uniformly offset by 25m from reality
2) Nothing.

Speaks for itself, I hope.

Steve