On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Zsombor Szabó <zsom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wasn't expecting so poor reception on behalf of the OSM community. No
> one commented on the idea of sharing and checking into OSM places on
> Twitter with OpenMaps for iOS to increase OSM awareness.

Sorry that you've received a poor reception; maybe the problem is
market differentiation.

That is you have a large audience of geographic enthusiasts here, and
there are several apps that let them plug data into OSM. There are
also apps which allow you to "check in" a place, like mapat.me (and
others I'm sure), and I think (though am not sure) that Mapzen lets
you tweet your additions to OSM. I know you can in potlatch and
mapzen, but very few people use this feature.

So maybe the issue is that the audience doesn't see what benefits your
new application has for them that aren't being addressed by the
existing tools.

- Serge