On 18/12/2010 22:28, Zsombor Szabó wrote:
Wasn't expecting so poor reception on behalf of the OSM community. No
one commented on the idea of sharing and checking into OSM places on
Twitter with OpenMaps for iOS to increase OSM awareness.

Does this mean that you don't have an iDevice? Don't use Twitter?
Don't like the app? Or just don't find this idea a good one? Or am I
missing something?

To answer your direct questions - No, no, & because of the first answer, no, & finally I don't see how this promotes OSM. The tweet you provided does appear to lead fellow coffee drinkers to the OSM website. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the purpose. Oh, & what are Foursquare, Gowalla?

I use an Android 'phone because I'm not so desperate & insecure that I have to copy what all my friends have. In general I have to say the apps that I've used have been poorly programmed by (well meaning) amateurs & have only only one thing in common - they crash.

Specific to your email, any advertising blurb that contains: "we believe it is the best. It is as slick as the built-in (Google) Maps" & " innovative, isn't it?" makes me wary. It's similar to help files that started "It's really easy, all you have to do is... " The software always ended up being crap.

Sorry If that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way I see it, and you did ask.

Cheers
Dave F.