Neither block or sector are OSM places. I have used halmet/locality and
suburb. by these, rendering is proper
if using the existing system could i propose addr:hamlet or addr:suburb
support?
Also, rendering probably is fine.
Its just how gazetteer/nominatim search algo that would require supporting
alternate tags.

Thanks,
Vikas