> 2) We so many times have blocks or sectors (tagged as locality or hamlet)

OK - this sounds like a combination of bad tagging and software
problems with nominatim and the mapnik style sheet.

Can I suggest that locality and hamlet are probably not the correct
tags and that you need to come up with a consistent way to tag these
types of features.  Once there is a valid tagging scheme support can
be added to nominatim.

The suggestion of place=block or place=sector and addr:block,
addr:sector sound like a good direction to go.

So

1) they need to be documented on the wiki
2) discussed to look for any problems - for instance do they work in
other countries with similar problems?
3) a sample area needs to be tagged
4) software tools need to be extended to support the new tags.

This can potentially be done quite quickly - and using tags which do
not overlap with existing tags makes this a LOT simpler!

--
 Brian