Alas Townguide and Maposmatic were developed in parallel.   They announced
maposmatic just as I was finishing off the first version of townguide.

I do think it would be worth merging the projects at some point because they
are so similar.  Could keep have an option for which back end to use to draw
the map.

The projects are different though.  Maposmatic is very good at what it does,
but I see townguide as a system to draw customised maps -  The points of
interest that it does now, but in the future you could add gpx traces,
contours, different base map rendering etc.

I will send you some details off list tonight.

Graham

from my phone

On 18 Jan 2011 05:53, "Steve Bennett" <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Graham Jones <grahamjones...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> It has always been...
Cool, do you have any demo of this? (even if just a pre-canned output)

> I am working on a new release of townguide building on Waldemar's
excellent
> Google Summer of Co...
I would definitely like to see it :)

Out of curiosity, was there a particular reason for starting from
scratch on the townguide, rather than building on maposmatic?

> All offers of help appreciated!
I'm just finding my coding feet again after many years of absence, so
I can't promise anything, but yes I'd like to have a look.

Steve