On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:45:48 +0000
Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:

> On 10/02/11 19:37, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
>
> > Let's get this completely fair, and remove all the work of others
> > who have been caught tracing from Google, admitted it when
> > challenged, and only the work which was challenged has been
> > removed. Work which may also be traced from Google because it also
> > was a long way from the person's home, and not been specifically
> > challenged, is still there in the OSM database.
>
> If such edits are reported then they will be removed, just as these
> ones were.
>
> If you know of other cases then how about you stop dropping opaque
> hints here and start acting like a good OSM citizen by following the
> proper protocols and reporting it. See the bold text on this page:
>
>    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement
>
> Where possible only infringing edits will be removed - I'm not sure
> why you think we would or should do more than that. In this case the
> mapper refused to cooperate with identifying which edits were
> infringing so we had to assume they all were and remove them all.
>
> Tom

I have sent Tom an email with clear details. I feel like I am picking
on one mapper just because I have crossed paths with that one mapper's
edits and investigated what has been done, and as I have explained to
Tom, I have suspicions about further changesets. I have certainly firm
evidence against this mapper for a number of changesets, where my
physical path has crossed with edits which contain completely
unverifiable material.

Liz