On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Steve Doerr <doerr.step...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/03/2011 08:23, Andrew Harvey wrote:
>
>> ...and many prospective contributors are being shunned away because a
>> new contributor doesn't have the same privileges as existing
>> contributors. i.e. existing contributors can use non-CT compatible
>> data, but new users cannot. Nor is there any way for a new contributor
>> to work their way up and obtain the same status of existing
>> contributors (in terms of permission to use non-CT data.
>>

> What data can new users not use? Will the same restriction apply to us all
> once the switch to the new licence and CTs is complete?

As Ed mentioned, non CT-compatiable data, e.g. nearmap derived data.
Yes they will, so in my opinion OSMF should either ban all existing
users who have not accepted the CTs, or lift the requirement for new
users to accept the CTs upon sign up (I would personally rather the
latter, but I either would resolve the current discrepancy). (Yes I
know this is a little hypocritical because I can ban myself by not
contributing)