Hi,

On 03/24/11 09:23, Andrew Harvey wrote:
...and many prospective contributors are being shunned away because a
new contributor doesn't have the same privileges as existing
contributors. i.e. existing contributors can use non-CT compatible
data, but new users cannot.

That's a funny distinction you're making there.

Technically, anyone "can" use any data source, even if it is not compatible with the OSM license; if this is found out, that data will of course be removed.

Assuming that Nearmap-derived data is indeed not compatible with the future OSM license, I fail to understand how contributing data that will later be deleted is a "privilege".

I will not discuss this issue further on the talk list, as it is a topic for legal-talk and will only annoy those on talk who are not interested in legal matters.

Bye
Frederik