2011/4/2 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>

> Yes, they transform the images for panoramas. But we don't trace over these
> images, we don't reuse what they added. We just look the content of the
> picture. If they take a picture of your house, the house and all its
> attributes (colour, shape) is not a property of Google

+1

> because we see these attributes through a picture from Google. It has
> nothing, absolutely nothing to do with derivative work.

without their database (i.e. georeferenced images made available through the
streetview api) you would never be able to find your house in billions of
fotos, nor know where a certain foto was taken for 99,99999% of their fotos
(which are not taken in the small world of your personal knowledge).

I am not a lawyer, and I am not sure whether streetview fotos are
protectable or not (and whether they are actually protected in the current
form they are made available), but I think that you see it in a too
simplistic way.

cheers,
Martin