On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 6:08 AM, andrzej zaborowski <balr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So my understanding now, from Francis' comment, is that CC-By-SA and
> CC-By are not compatible (you can't accept the CTs if you've
> contributed data obtained under those licenses, without infringing
> those licenses?), but ODbL for example might be compatible with CT
> although it's not compaitble with the current OSM's license.  But it
> might be in the future.

Is ODbL licensed content compatible with the current CTs?

My understanding is that ODbL does not allow you to grant "a
worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable licence
bla bla bla..." to anyone.  So no ODbL licensed datasets can be
contributed to OSM.  None at all.  And that includes ODbL content that
came from OSM in the first place.