On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:34:20 +1000
David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 20:10 +0100, Grant Slater wrote:
>
> > I am sure there are going to be a few cases where difficult
> > decisions are going to have to be made. We will not have been the
> > only open source project to have had to make these sorts of
> > decisions.
>
> Out of interest Grant, what other large-scale open source projects
> have changed their licence the way that OSM has?  In fact, changed
> their licence full-stop..?
>
> David

OpenOffice.org has had a major fork just recently. The LibreOffice fork
has chosen different licensing arrangements, including the contributors
retaining their own copyright.
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/
and interestingly this assessment of how LibreOffice is going
http://webmink.com/2011/02/11/is-libreoffice-open-by-rule/
We can also note how the new fork is handling their compound
licensing issue.