Since this mailing list is about the new logo now, I'd like to point out
some things concerning it that got "broken".

First of all, wiki logo was a bit different from osm.org: it had a little
"W" in the corner.

The new logo's contrast is too low, so the favicon is not recognizable at a
glance. And since it is not line-art now, there's an issue with
transparency. Could anyone provide a good transparent gif of it? Also, I
doubt it will look good on a complex background (because of absence of a
thick border) but I did not test it yet.

I guess, the old logo should remain for low zooms (favicons, for example).
I don't see a problem with using both: a magnifier, a map and binary code
are present in all of them, so the "corporate identity" has not been
changed at all. We can polish both of them, and encourage people to do
their versions based on the core elements.

Changing of the logo was a good move, because it showed us that osm.org
page is not constant. For a long time many suggestions to change anything
on it were rejected with "do it yourself" line (and good designers are
seldom good programmers), and even when something was done (e.g. OSB on
dev.osm.org), it was shelved and forgotten. I hope this improvement will
make other, bigger ones to happen.

IZ