Jo wrote:
> Hmm, I'm convinced the associatedStreet relation is the most elegant way
> to solve the redundancy problem.

There is no "redundancy problem".

No, really. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with redundancy.
Redundancy per se doesn't cause any harm to our database. Looking at
taginfo and trying to bring down all numbers in the "count" column to 1
is /not/ an appropriate strategy for improving our data.

As for house numbers: They are an ubiquitous feature. They should
therefore be easy to tag. A good way to achieve that, in my opinion, is:

1) Add the tags for data that you find out "on the ground" by standing
in front of a house directly to that house. In most places, this
includes the housenumber/-name and street name.

2) Add stuff that you get from official documents or other large-scale
sources as boundaries - e.g. postal city boundaries, postcodes and
country borders.

There is no reason for a building to be part of a relation just because
it has an address. It makes things more complicated than they need to be.

-- Tobias Knerr