2011/5/3 Jo <winfi...@gmail.com>:
> The very first I did, I did it according to 'spec':
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/7595148
>
> The result is a ridiculous amount of 4 relations for a street of less than
> 1,5 km in length. Some of which only contain one house. And each of them
> containing redundant name, addr:city, addr:postcode and addr:country tags.

Yes, I know. In your case (just one house) the relation indeed seems
to be far less adequate in respect to simple tags. Relations add a
complexity that is mostly not desirable IMHO for cases like
housenumbers. The easier it is to enter (and maintain) them, the more
we will get. I suggest to put the information to nodes/polygons for
this reason (and for stability), even if it seems to be a less elegant
(more redundant) approach from a computer science perspective.

cheers,
Martin