Jaak Laineste <jaak.laineste <at> gmail.com> writes:

Is there good reason to add addr:country, addr:county, addr:city and
other regional tags to all the address tags, if OSM database already
has administrative regions for given area?

I think addr:country can be identified by existing borders, but I don't know how much effort this would cause. If you look at only one node than you will have to find the country borders for that node. But where are they? Yes there is a (are there more) service in that will give you this, but that requires more effort than downloading one node.

As for addr:city, you can not get this from administrative regions in the Netherlands. There is no complete admin_level=10 boundary in place. And I'm certain it also is not complete in my neighouring countries Germany and Belgium, if these boundaries exist there at all. I haven't found them (but I only glanced at some areas).

Regards,
Maarten