nobody has mentioned opentouchmap.org yet... so...

On 5/11/2011 6:38 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
While OpenLayers is not multitouch savvy, there's native apps that show you the map, with less or more frills tacked on.

route-me[1] (in spite of the name, this is 'just' a slippy map client library for iOS) is the basis for many native iOS map apps that don't use the built in MapKit framework (which works exclusively with Google Maps tiles).

An example of a nice route-me implementation (I think) is MapBox[2]. It can use on- and offline tiled map resources. For offline maps they developed an sqlite-based storage 'standard' called MBTiles.
And of course there's OffMaps[3].

[1] https://github.com/route-me/route-me
[2] http://mapbox.com/#/
[3] http://www.offmaps.com/