On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <ava...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> This library is very heavy on the GPU (as opposed to google maps),
> which makes it really slow in e.g. vmware without GPU acceleration,
> and presumably on platforms that don't have a GPU.

It works pretty fast on one of my PCs that doesn't have GPU-accelerated
browser graphics. The only thing that can possibly appear to be slow on such
system is the zoom animation which is easily turned off. By the way, Google
Maps v3 takes advantage of the GPU too.

If you experience a noticeable slowdown with Leaflet in comparison to other
libraries - please report the details here
https://github.com/CloudMade/Leaflet/issues (browser version, platform, what
action is slow, etc.), it's not normal and will probably be fixed.

--
Vladimir Agafonkin
Front-End Architect, CloudMade