Serge Wroclawski-2 wrote:

> Next, about a year later, a vote amongst OSMF membership was
> taken.This isn't the board, but the entire membership. Since it was a
> decision that was to effect the direction of the OSMF, this makes
> sense to me..

This was before my time, but from what I understand it was not a vote on
whether to switch to ODbL, but whether to start the process of creating a
license and deciding whether we should switch.

Serge Wroclawski-2 wrote:

> Still, shortly thereafter (a couple of months later I believe), the
> another poll was taken  of all OSM members, OSMF or not, and the
> results were largely the same. This was done on the talk list.
>
> Then someone from the community against the ODbL felt the first poll
> may not have been entirely on the up and up, and made their own. And
> the results were nearly identical to the first two polls.

I ignored these unofficial polls as meaningless, and probably many others
did too (or didn't even know about them, not being on the talk list).

Here in Florida when they put a constitutional amendment on the ballot, it
has a brief description and a short summary of its effects. Applied to an
ODbL vote, this would comprise how the OSMF believes cc-by-sa is flawed and
the effect it will have on the contributions of those who do not agree to
the change.